This story began circa 1998 when The Tata's acquired Littlewoods – a London based
This acquisition was followed by the establishment of Trent Ltd (a Tata enterprise
that presently operates Westside). Littlewoods was subsequently renamed Westside.
Westside has carved a niche for its brand of merchandise creating a loyal following
in a rapidly evolving retail scenario. Currently, the company has 82 Westside stores
measuring 15,000-30,000 square feet each across 46 cities.
With a variety of designs and styles, everything at Westside is exclusively designed
and the merchandise ranges from stylized clothes, footwear and accessories for men,
women and children to well-co-coordinated table linens, artifacts, home accessories
and furnishings. Well-designed interiors, sprawling space, prime locations and coffee
shops enhance the customers’ shopping experience.
Westside has garnered numerous accolades
- Balanced Scorecard Hall of Fame
- India Brand Summit – Brand Leadership Retail
- IFA Visionary of the Year Award, 2002 – Mrs. Simone N. Tata
- Most Admired Large Format Retail Chain of the Year - Lycra Images Fashion Awards
- NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards 2006 - Retail Category